Terms & Conditions of JChauffeurs Executive Ltd, trading as J Chauffeurs
All business between clients and JChauffeurs Executive Ltd (J Chauffeurs) is a transaction based on the terms and conditions defined here (on this website). When any client places an order the assumption therefore is that the client agrees to all the terms and conditions defined here (on this website).
- Purchase of Services
- By placing an order through our Website, phone or via email, you agree that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and you are at least over 18 years old.
- The J Chauffeurs reservation team will make every effort to assist their clients 24/7. We will strive to exceed all expectations at all times, but 24 hours’ notice may be required to prepare the chauffeured vehicle for your specific journey.
- All prices quoted are in GBP, with hire starting at the pickup point (A) and finishing at the drop off point (B) except those hires to or from various airports or those that are the subject of a fixed charge.
- To obtain a quote or make a booking through our website or booking agents, you are required to provide us full contact details, full name, contact number and email address. Failing to do so, J Chauffeurs will not be able to assist you any further.
- Online Bookings
- All online bookings are subject to J Chauffeurs approval. Occasionally errors may occur where online maps and quotes are calculated incorrectly, in the instance where an error is made and a product is listed at an incorrect price, J Chauffeurs shall maintain the right to refund or cancel orders placed at the incorrect price. If the order has been confirmed and charged to your credit card, J Chauffeurs shall immediately issue a credit in the amount of the incorrect price or where unsuitable issue a full refund.
- Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice. All specials and promotions limited to availability. Call for current prices. We reserve the right to limit quantities on promotion products. Separate policies apply for specific offers within this website. See individual offer policies and notes for details.
- J Chauffeurs is not responsible for typographical errors and we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information published in our brochures and websites. The documents and graphics published on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. J Chauffeurs makes no representation about the suitability of the information and graphics represented on this site. All such documents and graphics are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind.
- J Chauffeurs request a minimum of 24 hours notice for any Online Bookings, if you would like to book a car with less than 24 hours notice – Please call our reservation team on +44 (0)800 5999 288.
- Online prices are valid for UK travel only. If you require to travel to Europe, please call our office.
- All bookings scheduled between 23:30pm – 04:30am are subject to 25% additional charges from online prices.
- Online prices or bookings do not allow for public and bank holidays like Christmas Day or New Years Eve ( i.e. 25th – 26th – 31th Dec and 1st January ) where 50% additional charges will apply.
- If you disagree J Chauffeurs will refund you full amount paid excluding credit card charges.
- When you book on this Website, we will ask you to input personal details in order for us to identify you and secure your booking, such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card or other payment information. We confirm that the payment information will not be held by us, but securely encrypted on the third party payment system we use.
- Your email address is automatically entered onto our mailing list where we endeavour to send only one email per month, of which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you are or have been our client in the past, we reserve full rights to use your company name / or logo on our website/s under our clients section without written notice.
- Single and Return Journeys
- All return journeys on the same day are subject to waiting time charges if return journey is within 3 hours or out of Cardiff or London. If return journey is scheduled within more than 3 hours NO waiting time charges apply, however return journey may be completed by a different driver.
- All returned journeys booked on the same day for any sport events such Wimbledon Tennis, Ascot, Rugby or Football or shopping or sightseeing tours will be charged a waiting time from drop off till pickup time plus car park charges. Single journeys from or to any sport events such as above or concerts in the UK are subject to additional charges.
- On such events, please call our office and discuss your requirements. Hourly hire service will be more suitable.
- Waiting Time
- All quotes for journeys collecting from a flight in to a UK airport include 45 minutes complimentary waiting time. All other journeys include 15 minutes complimentary waiting time.
- After the complimentary waiting time for all journeys a charge calculated in 15 min increments of GBP £40/hour will be applied on provided debit/credit card when booking is been made. Or ‘We reserve the right to charge to this any credit or debit card provided at the time of booking’
- All charges specified herein, and in the current tariff published by the Company, are payable in advance except for where the client has a credit account or a credit card pre-approved by J Chauffeurs. The credit or debit card you provide when making the booking will be charged for any additional charges e.g. extra waiting time, parking charges.
- Credit card payments are subject to a non-refundable 2% surcharge. Debit cards have NO surcharge.
- All online quoted prices are inclusive of 20% VAT.
- Your booking may be subject to additional waiting time and car park charges.
- The charge on your credit/debit card statement will be shown as JChauffeurs Ltd.
- Rates are subject to change at any time without prior written notice.
- Stop charge: £20 charge applies on any stop on the way to drop off location to pick up another passenger or an item. 15 minutes grace period is allowed at stops.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
For all bookings (excluding wedding related bookings) cancellations or amendments must be made and acknowledged by J Chauffeurs 12 hours before the scheduled pick up time. Otherwise J Chauffeurs reserves the right to charge the client for the full amount. This also applies to bookings that are made under 12 hours of the pickup time.
- For all wedding related booking 7 days notice must be provided to cancel wedding bookings.
- If wedding cancellations are made within 7 days 50% of the booking fee will be charged.
- If wedding cancellations are made less than 48 hours of the booking date the full amount will be charged.
8.2 If the cancellation is made and acknowledged by J Chauffeurs 12 hours before the booking is scheduled, J Chauffeurs will refund the full amount charged to the debit or credit card used to make the booking. Please note credit card charges are not refundable.
- Hourly bookings are subject to strictly 12 hours FREE cancellation or amendment policy.
- Airport transfers are subject to strictly 12 hours FREE cancellation or amendment policy.
- All other bookings scheduled from anywhere in the UK are subject to strictly 24 hours cancellation or amendment policy.
- Booking amendments made less than 2 hours for the same or different date a minimum fare for the relevant vehicle will be apply.
8.3 Prestige Chauffeur Vehicles: Range Rover Vogue and Rolls Royce Phantom are subject to strictly 48 hours free cancellation or amendment policy. If cancellations are made less than 48 hours, full charges will apply.
8.4 Multi Days and Multi Car Bookings
For bookings involving two or more vehicles or multi days hire the following cancellation fees apply:
- Less than 7 days and more than 24 hours notice a 50% cancellation charge for each vehicle.
- Less than 24 hours notice 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
8.5 No-Show Policy: If the customer fails to show at the designated location for which a reservation has been made and a confirmation was sent out, all monies paid will be non-refundable.
- Chauffeurs & Cars
9.1 Our chauffeurs will drive at reasonable speeds according to their judgement of the prevalent road conditions and traffic at any particular time. When a hirer desires to travel to a particular place, the driver will, unless specifically otherwise instructed, travel by the route which is, in the chauffeur’s opinion, the best and most convenient for motoring, whether the route is the shortest or not, and no allowance will be made to the hirer on the ground that the route adopted is not actually the shortest. Or – ‘unless a specific route is requested at the time of hiring’
A reasonable amount of ordinary passenger luggage is allowed, but luggage which, in the opinion of the chauffeur amounts to an excessive weight will not be carried. Or ‘We reserve the right to refuse to carry luggage, which in the opinion of the chauffeur, is excessively bulky or heavy’.
9.2 Fleet Categories
Executive Saloon: Mercedes E Class
Luxury Saloon: Mercedes S Class, Audi A8L, BMW 7 or Jaguar XJ
MPV 7 Passengers: Mercedes V-Class, Viano or Vito.
Prestige Cars: Range Rover Vogue and Rolls Royce Phantom Series 2
9.3 We reserve the right to switch vehicles before a run based on availability without prior notice, if a vehicle that was previously requested is unavailable or if there is a risk of a driver not making it on time for a pick up.
9.4 We will guarantee the category chosen by you but not the make or colour of the vehicle.
9.5 Fitness to travel
Any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and whose behaviour poses a threat to the driver, the vehicle or other passengers may be refused travel.
9.6 Child seats
Requests for child seats must be made at the time of booking. We will always aim to satisfy such requests but failure to do so will not constitute a breach of contract.
If you wish to use your own child seat you will be responsible for installing it safely and removing it at your destination. Care must also be taken to not damage the vehicle interior with your child seat. Otherwise you will be charged to compensate for this.
9.7 Conveyance of Animals
On a private hire, no animals (other than guide dogs and hearing dogs) may be carried on any vehicle without prior written agreement from the company.
- J Chauffeurs accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any luggage or property carried in or on the car, unless the loss or damage is a result of negligence by J Chauffeurs. In the event of property being left in a vehicle, we will gladly organise the return of such items, if client cover the postage cost. Or – ‘subject to the client paying the reasonable costs of returning the items’.
- Missed Flights: We are not responsible to pay for any missed flights. Please refer to clause 12 below.
- Damage of Vehicles
- In the event that the interior or exterior of the vehicle is soiled or damaged by the Customer, a Valeting or repair charge will apply.
- ACCOUNT SERVICES
BOOKINGS AND CHARGES
- Before making any Booking for Account Services, the Customer must open an Account with J Chauffeurs Ltd the Customer must keep its dedicated and secret Customer Account Number in a safe and secure place.
- When making any Booking for Account Services, the Customer must quote their Customer Account Number. J Chauffeurs shall not be obliged to use their Account Services should the account number not be submitted.
- J Chauffeurs shall be entitled to treat any Booking made quoting the confidential Customer Account Number as authorisation by the Customer and the Customer shall be liable for all Charges relating to the booking.
- In consideration of performance of the Account Services, the Customer shall pay all Charges, the administration fee and any applicable VAT (without set off or deduction), as invoiced by J Capital Group Ltd, within 30 days (or a shorter period as we in our absolute discretion notify to you) of the date of an invoice (the “Due Date”).
- Payment shall be made by direct debit (which is J Chauffeurs preference) or alternatively, telegraphic transfer or BACS to such bank account as we shall notify the customer.
- J Chauffeurs will NOT charge any administration fees.
- We shall invoice the Customer each month in respect of the Account Services carried out for the Customer during the previous month or at such other intervals as may be agreed by the parties in writing.
- In the event of non-payment of any Charges by the Due Date, we shall be entitled to charge and the Customer shall pay interest at a rate of 10% per annum on any amount outstanding until payment is made, both before and after any judgment.
- We may, at any time, set a credit limit to any Customer at any one time and we shall not provide Account Services once that limit has been reached. Any such limit shall be notified to the Customer in writing by us.
- Any dispute in respect of the Charges shall be submitted, in writing, within 14 days of receipt by the customer.
- When an Account is closed, the Customer shall pay to us all outstanding Charges which are owed to us as at the date of termination of their account.
- General Exceptions
12.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event beyond Our Control. An Event beyond Our Control is defined as any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including war, invasion, hostilities (whether war declared or not), civil war, revolution, rebellion, Storm, flood, snow, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks. Without limitation traffic delays, tyre punctures, road traffic accidents, road closures due to accidents and vehicle break downs, strikes and lockouts.
Please note: *In the event of vehicle break down, punctures or accidents – we will do our best to finish the journey with another fellow chauffeur, but will not guarantee arrival time.
12.2 If an Event beyond Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
12.2.1 we will contact you as soon as possible to notify you.
12.2.2 our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event beyond Our Control.
- In the event of complaint about the company’s services, the hirer should endeavour to seek a solution at the time by seeking assistance from the driver or from the company. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing and within 14 days of the termination date of the hire. The Company will acknowledge all complaints within 14 days and will normally reply fully within 28 days.
- TRANSACTION SECURITY
- The J Chauffeurs website uses the secure online industry standard SSL protocol and related certificates on its website.
- SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer. SSL Certificates validate our website’s identity, and encrypts the information the Customer sends to, or receives from the J Chauffeurs website.
- Because we have an SSL Certificate protecting our website, the information that you enter on any secured page is private and cannot be viewed by cyber criminals even if intercepted due to secure encryption.
- SSL is an online industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.
Payments must be authorised by the cardholder named in the booking. We withhold the right to cancel your booking without prior notice if we reasonably suspect that you or the cardholder are associated with any kind of fraudulent activity. Such suspicion may be based on the following activities:
- You cannot provide, when questioned, information about the itinerary such as full pick up and destination addresses, full passenger name and contact number or any other mandatory requirements by the company;
- You cannot provide, when questioned, contact information for the cardholder so that we may carry out security checks;
- The cardholder did not authorise the payment and claims that the booking is fraudulent:
- There has been previous fraudulent activity/chargebacks by you or the cardholder;
- Information given while booking is erroneous/ inadequate/ inconsistent/ linked to fraudulent behaviour;
- There have been multiple payment attempts with inconsistent data entered.
- If we reasonably suspect that you or the cardholder are associated with any kind of fraudulent activity we reserve full rights to refuse any bookings and we may report you or the cardholder to the fraud department.
- GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and the Court of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute
JChauffeurs Executive Ltd (company number: 10479603)
Registered Office Address: 258 Altolusso, Cardiff CF10 2FH
Last Updated: 27 / 10 / 2017